This week the band will participate in Homecoming festivities and the Competition Band will attend their first competition of the season at the Northwest Alabama Marching Classic (formally known as the Kudzu Klassic) in Russellville, Alabama.
Homecoming week is always a busy time and this year is no exception. In addition, the weather forecast is for rain all week so students should be prepared for anything this week.
This Thursday night the band will participate with the Bonefire Pep Rally. Competition Band students are required to attend and all other band student’s participation is optional.
Game vs. Buckhorn
The Band will perform their Marching Band Show for Pre-game starting at 6:40pm. During halftime the band will perform “My Girl” as the homecoming court is announced and the Competition Band will perform their program “Metal FX” after the game.
After the game on Friday the percussion will store their equipment in the Special Needs Room. Color Guard should make sure they leave the center of the floor open and available for percussion equipment to be stored.
Students should eat during the break after rehearsal and before call time. Snacks will be available on the bus during the trip to the competition but will not be sufficient for a meal.
Students should be in uniform when the load the bus. Students will take their shako boxes and garment bags. Once students are on the bus they may take their jackets off and put them in their garment bags. This method will insure no students leave any part of their uniform at Sparkman.
Competition Bus Assignments
- Bus 1: Clarinets/Saxophones/Drum Majors
- Bus 2: Trumpets/Horns
- Bus 3: Flutes/Trombones/Baritones
- Bus 4: Percussion
- Bus 5: Guard/Tubas
Band Bus & Equipment Parking
Turn left at the second traffic light on Waterloo Road from the downtown area onto summit and follow signs to bus parking.
Spectators will park behind the stadium press box. Parent cars will not be allowed to drive and pick up students in the bus parking area. Parking is $5 and includes one contest program. CLICK HERE for directions
- 3:45 – 5:30pm: Competition Band Rehearsal (bring rain attire)
- 3:30 – 6pm: Competition Guard Rehearsal
3:30-4:30pm: Marching Band Rehearsal(Cancelled) 4:30-5:30pm: Competition Band Rehearsal(Cancelled)
- 3:30-5:30pm: Competition Guard & Percussion Rehearsal
5:30-7:30pm: Homecoming Bonfire (Competition Band required, Marching Band optional)
- 9:15 a.m. – High School band students and all percussion students released from class for Pep Rally (9th grade winds/guard do not participate)
- 3:45-4:30pm – Competition Band Rehearsal (Food will be available in concession stand at cost for students)
- 4:30 p.m. – Guard Call Time in Special Needs Room
- 6pm: Band Call Time
- 6:40: Pre-Game Performance (Marching Band Show ONLY)
- 7:00pm: Game time
- Post Game Performance
Saturday (Competition Band ONLY)
- 9:30-11:00 a.m.: Percussion Rehearsal (Stadium)
- 11:00-12:00 a.m.: Guard Rehearsal (Stadium)
- 12:00 – 1:30 p.m.: Competition Band Rehearsal (Stadium)
- 3:30 p.m.: Call time
- 4:00 p.m.: Depart SHS for Russellville High School
- 6:45 p.m.: Warmup
- 7:40 p.m.: Competition Performance
- 8:25 p.m.: UNA Performance
- 9:00 p.m.: Awards Ceremonies
- 10:00 p.m.: Estimated Departure for SHS
- 11:30 p.m.: Estimated SHS Arrival
Last year’s Band Shirt
Competition Band –
Section Shirts (if you have one) Last Year’s Band Shirt
Marching Band ONLY – This year’s band shirt
This year’s Band shirt.