This week we will return to Madison and play James Clemens High School. This event will be identical to the game verses Bob Jones.
Congratulations to the band for being WZDX “Spirit of the Week” award winners. CLICK HERE to see the broadcast.
This week the competition band will wear their gray inserts and shako covers with gray plumes for the game Friday night. We are doing this for the purpose of testing the uniform before they are worn for our competitions.
The inserts must be snapped in using the 5 snaps located over the Sparkman “S”. Make sure your uniform coat has 5 snaps and immediately report missing snaps.
The shako covers fit over the shako and should be lined up center to the shako. DO NOT leave the covers on the shako when you store them in the box. Take the cover off and fold it in the bottom of the shako box.
The gray plumes are slightly larger but function the same as our white plumes.
- Monday – Competition Band until 4:30pm
- Tuesday – Competition Band until 5pm
- Wednesday – Guard Rehearsal
- Thursday – Marching Band until 5pm
- 5:00pm – Call time
- 5:15pm – Depart Sparkman CLICK HERE for driving directions to the stadium.
- 5:45pm – Arrive at 211 Celtic Dr, Madison, AL 35758
- 7:00pm – Game Starts
- 10:30pm – ETA Sparkman HS
Note: We will not stop and eat on the way to the game and students will not have an opportunity to get food during the game. Please make arrangements for eating before we leave for the game.
Away Game Procedures
Please be familiar with all procedures concerning away events. This information can be found on THIS PAGE. The most important of these procedures is the check-in and out policies. If a student needs to ride home other than on the bus they must have a parent or legal guardian present in order to sign a release form.
Each class will stage their equipment in the high school band room at the end of their class block. All equipment and instruments (except for Flutes/Clarinets) are staged for the equipment truck. Each student is responsible for getting their own instrument on the truck.
- 1st Block: Guard will stage their equipment in the corner near the BR South Door
- 2nd Block: Guard will stage their equipment in the corner near the BR South Door
- 3rd Block: Marching Band will stage their equipment in front of the HS band room.
- 4th Block: Competition Band will stage their equipment in front of HS band room..
- Bus 1 – Flute/Horn/Drum Major/Staff
- Bus 2 – Clarinet/Tuba
- Bus 3 – Saxophone
- Bus 4 – Trumpet
- Bus 5 – Trombone/Euphonium
- Bus 6 – Percussion
- Bus 7 – Color Guard