Congratulations to the band for a great half-time performance last Friday night at Hazel Green. For many students it was their first performance with the band and the students had a great time. As always, please be sure to refer to all travel and event policies for future trips.
Traveling to Gadsden is always an issue with buses availability and this year is no exception. We were informed today that the school system can only get 5 school buses to travel to Gadsden High School this Friday; therefore, we will only travel with the Competition Band. We regret that we are unable to send all Marching Band students to the game but it appears we will always have this issue.
This week will contain a slightly different schedule of events. Please review carefully.
Friday Night Game
Food: Students attending the game will need to bring money for dinner. The band will travel to the Gadsden Mall and eat supper before we go to the stadium.
Uniforms: Students are responsible for putting their uniform and shako box on the bus. The uniform should remain in a hanging position and should never be placed on the floor of the bus. Students will get dressed into uniform after they eat at the mall.
- 3:30-5:30pm: Competition Band Rehearsal
- 3:30-5:30pm: Competition Band Rehearsal (NO Marching Band rehearsal this week)
- 12:45pm: Percussion released from class
- 1:15pm: Percussion and winds loading equipment
- 2:00pm: Go back to the band room after lunch.
- 2:30pm: Depart Sparkman High School. (CLICK HERE for directions to Gadsden Mall)
- 4:30pm: Arrive at the Gadsden Mall to eat supper.
- 5:45pm: Depart the Gadsden Mall for Gadsden High School
- 7:00pm: Game Time
- 9:30pm: ETEnd of game
- 11:45pm: Estimated time of arrival at SHS
- Bus 1: Clarinets/Saxophones/Drum Majors
- Bus 2: Trumpets/Horns
- Bus 3: Flutes/Trombones/Baritones
- Bus 4: Percussion
- Bus 5: Guard/Tubas