This article contains information regarding the 2018 SIP Season, as well as a link to SIP 2018 Audition Sign-Ups.
To audition for SIP 2018, students must:
- be in good financial standing with all current booster fees.
- be dependable and not have excessive absences.
- review and understand the rehearsal/performance schedule.
- Open auditions for SIP 2018 will take place on Monday, November 6 at 3:45 pm at S9GS.
- Audition materials/requirements will be made available on the website soon.
Visual Ensemble Clinics/Auditions
- Instructional clinics will take place on Monday, November 6 and Tuesday, November 7 from 3:45-5:30 pm at S9GS.
- Visual Ensemble auditions will take place on Monday, November 13 at 3:45 pm.
- Students will learn the audition requirements at the two clinics.
- All positions are open and available to audition for.
- These positions include: Snare, tenors, bass drums, flubs, marching cymbals, marimba, vibraphone, rack percussion, synthesizer, drumset, bass guitar, visual ensemble, student manager/prop operator.
- Any non-percussion student MUST have a conference with Mr. Albert prior to auditioning for SIP.
- If offered a contract for membership in SIP, students are expected/required to be at all rehearsals.
- The general rehearsal schedule can be found on the calendar section of the band website.
- Additional visual ensemble rehearsals will be made available at a later date.
- There will be 4 rehearsal camps: December 1-2, January 5-6, February 2-3, March 30-31 (at the end of spring break).
2018 Show Schedule
- Bob Jones HS, Madison, AL — February 27, 2018
- WGI Atlanta Regional, Woodland HS, Stockbridge GA — March 10, 2018
- WGI South Power Regional, University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS — March 16-18, 2018
- Dinner and a Show, Sparkman HS Gym 1, April 10 (tentative)
- WGI World Championships, Dayton, OH — April 18-22, 2018
*The WGI South Power Regional and WGI World Championships will be overnight trips.
There will be a parent meeting for parents of SIP students on Thursday, November 16 at 6:00 pm in the S9GS Cafeteria. Please be there!
SIP operates on an annual budget of approximately $45,000. This budget is generated by membership fees, fundraising, and corporate/individual sponsorships attained by the membership and/or their parents. Like the overall band program, SIP does not receive any monetary support from the school or school system. Our annual budget includes the following:
- Additional Instruction
- Transportation (equipment truck and bus)
- Floor Tarp (custom digitally printed)
- Costumes (uniforms)
- Musical Equipment
- Show Music Licensing Fees (copyright clearance, etc.)
- WGI Fees
- Show Design
SIP 2018 membership fees will be $1000 per student. HOWEVER: 100% of your SIP fundraising profits will go directly toward your fees
Don’t let fees keep you from auditioning for SIP if that is what you wish to do.
If you anticipate fees being a hardship, please see Mr. Albert.