This article contains audition materials for SIP 2019.
General Audition Information
- You must sign-up (sign-ups now closed) for auditions.
- All front ensemble/battery auditions will be performed with a metronome.
- Battery candidates are required to mark time during their audition.
- Battery visual audition will be performed without instruments.
- You will do one (1) audition on your first choice position.
- You are not guaranteed a position in the ensemble, but if you are offered a membership contract, you will be placed where the ensemble needs you the most.
- SIP 2019 Season Information Article
Battery Visual Audition — Left Box 8 Drill at 160 bpm
Snare — Triplet Rolls A,B,C 180 bpm. A, B 3″, C 6″-3″
Snare Part of Diddle Breaks (choose tempo, feet at 2nd position for tag)
Tenors — Triplet Rolls A,B,C 180 bpm (around drums). A, B 3″, C 6″-3″
Tenor Part of Diddle Breaks (choose tempo, feet at 2nd position for tag)
Bass Drum — Duple and Triplet Timing 132 bpm 12″
Diddle Breaks Snare Part (stop at tag, choose tempo)
Marching Cymbals — Cymbal Part of Battery Etude
Vibes — MCM Permutations 110 bpm entire exercise (use permutations: 1-3-2-4 AND 1-2-3-4)
Green Scales F, Bb, Ab between 150 & 160 bpm 3″
F major Green Scales holding 4 mallets 120 bpm
Marimba — MCM Permutations 132 bpm entire exercise (use permutations: 1-3-2-4 AND 1-2-3-4)
New Permutation Exercise (play 4 times 72 bpm)
Green Scales F, Bb, Ab 180 bpm 3″
F major Green Scales holding 4 mallets 144 bpm
Rack Percussion — Glass Phrases Rack 1 part (tempo between suggested tempi).
Synth (1 and 2) — Bach Minuet in G Minor (tempo between 105-115 bpm, don’t take repeats)
Visual Ensemble — Information Letter/Audition Requirements
- VE Instructional clinics will take place on Monday, November 5 from 5:30-7:00 pm and Tuesday, November 6 from 4:00-6:00 pm at S9GS.
- VE auditions will take place on Tuesday, November 13 at 3:45 pm.