The Sparkman Band is proud to announce their participation in the 2019 Kay Ivey Inaugural Parade on January 14, 2019. The band is honored to receive and accept the invitation to celebrate this year’s inauguration in Montgomery, Alabama. The parade will start at 12pm and will begin at the Alabama State Capitol.
The band would like to offer a special thanks to our local representatives for their invitation and support. Without them our attendance at the 2019 Kay Ivey Inaugural Parade would not be possible. We hope to represent our community well in Montgomery!
- Alabama Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mac McCutcheon
- District 2 Alabama State Senate, Tom Butler
- District 6 Alabama House of Representative, Andy Whitt
Students will travel via charter buses to Montgomery. Students should expect temperatures in the mid 40’s and the parade is expected to be about an hour in length. Food will be provided both before and after the parade.
Students will have an opportunity to change into their uniforms on the bus before arrival in Montgomery. All equipment will be put in the cargo bay of the charter bus and no equipment truck will be used for this event.
- 5:30am Call time
- 6:00am: Depart Sparkman High School
- 9:30am: Arrive in Montgomery
- 10:30am: Parade Lineup
- 12:00pm: Parade Begins
- 2:00pm: Estimated departure
- 4:30pm: Estimated SHS arrival
- Bus 1: Drum Majors, Percussion, Bari/Tenor Saxophone
- Bus 2: Flute, Clarinet
- Bus 3: Trumpet, Mellophone
- Bus 4: Trombone, Euphonium, Sousaphone
- Bus 5: Color Guard, Alto Saxophone