The Sparkman Band is now in the final week of the marching season. We would like to thank all those that have and continue to volunteer and make this season possible. This season would not have been possible if not for the best students and booster organization around. The band would also like to thank Dr. Lloyd Jones and the University of North Alabama Band for allowing us the opportunity to perform at the North Alabama Night of Bands after our scheduled event was cancelled.
Both the Competition and Marching Band will enjoy their final two performances of the year this week. On Tuesday night, the band will perform along with the University of North Alabama Band in the Sparkman Stadium. On Friday night, the band will perform at the last regular season game against Muscle Shoals.
The competition band will continue to wear the band uniform for both performances and the Marching Band only students will wear their band shirts. Adjustments to the marching band uniform will be made if the weather requires.
- 5:00pm – 5:50pm: Sparkman Competition/Marching Band Rehearsal (Stadium Field)
- 5:30pm: UNA Band Arrives
- 5:50pm – 6:20pm: Dress into uniform
- 6:30pm: Performance by the Sparkman Bands
- 7:00pm: Performance by the UNA Band
- 3:45pm – 5:00pm: Competition Band Rehearsal (Meet at HS Band Room, on the stadium starting at 4:20pm)
- 5:30pm: Percussion Call time (S9)
- 6:00pm: Call time (Winds HS Band Room)
- 6:35pm: March into the stadium from the band room
- 6:50pm: National Anthem Band perform on the field as in the past.
- The band will stay until the end of the game.
Since the football team lost against James Clemens, the first round of play-offs will take place at Hoover High School; therefore, the band will not perform on November 6.