The uniform will be in alphabetical order seperated by class along the different walls of the band room. Labels on the wall will designate uniform locations according to class. Shakos are located in cabinets sorted by class located in the uniform room.
Students Arrival Procedure
- Student should arrive at the band room wearing proper undergarmets to be worn under the uniform before the call time. The attire includes black marching shoes, black socks (no ankle socks), gym shorts and band shirt. Do not leave any personal belongings in the band room floor at any time during the event.
- Students should locate their uniform bag on the designated uniform rack.
- Students should put on the uniform, zip the bag up on the hanger and place the hanger back on the appropriate rack.
- Students should the go to the uniform room and retrieve their shako box.
- Home Game: Remove shako from the box and place the empty box in the appropriate color coded area in the band room.
Away Game: Take shako box to the bus with you.
- Once you are fully dressed, get your equipment/instrument and leave the band room for staging outside.
Student Departure Procedures
- Students should attempt to return the shako back to the box and in the appropriate cabinet in the uniform room first.
- Students should find their garmet bag and properly hang their uniform up on the hanger but not in the garmet bag in order to air out over the weekend. (Students should zip their uniform up in the bag at the first oportunity at school the next week)
- Students should secure all other equipment and leave the band room.
- Black marching shoes.
- Black socks that extend 5″ above the top of the shoe.
- Undergarmets (Band shirt and shorts)
- White gloves (only flutes and clarinets may wear fingerless gloves)
- Band jacket/sash
Do’s and Don’ts
- Do not place shoes in the garmet bags.
- Always wear the uniform completely in public.
- Hang the bibbers to the crease.
- Never throw the uniform on the ground.
Posted in: Band FAQ