The uniform will be in alphabetical order separated by class along the different walls of the band room. Labels on the wall will designate uniform locations according to class. Shakos are located on the far wall in the band room.
Students Arrival Procedure
- Unless otherwise instructed, students should arrive at the band room before call time wearing black bibbers, compression shorts/tights, long black socks, black marching shoes and band shirt. Do not leave any personal belongings in the band room floor at any time during the event.
- Students should locate their uniform bag on the designated uniform rack.
- Students should put on the uniform, zip the bag up on the hanger and place the hanger back on the appropriate rack.
- Students should the go to the band room wall and retrieve their shako box.
- Home Game: Remove shako from the box and place the empty box in the appropriate color coded area in the band room.
Away Game: Take shako box to the bus with you.
- Once you are fully dressed, get your equipment/instrument and leave the band room for staging outside.
Student Departure Procedures
- Students should attempt to return the shako back to the box and in the appropriate order in the band room first.
- Students should find their garment bag and properly hang their uniform up on the hanger but not in the garment bag in order to air out over the weekend. (Students should zip their uniform up in the bag at the first opportunity at school the next week)
a) Bibbers will be worn home and laundered as needed.
- Students should secure all other equipment and leave the band room.
- In the event a student will be checked out from an event they should carry their uniform garment bag with them to the event instead of hanging on the rack in the band room.
- The student will change out of their uniform and place their garment bag on the equipment truck before they check out.
- Black marching shoes.
- Black socks that extend 5″ above the top of the shoe.
- Undergarments (Band shirt and black compression shorts/tights)
- Black gloves (only flutes and clarinets may wear fingerless gloves)
- Band jacket
- Plume (to be distributed immediately prior to performances)
Do’s and Don’ts
- Do not place shoes in the garment bags.
- Always wear the uniform completely in public.
- Hang the bibbers to the crease.
- Zip the uniform jacket on the hanger.
- Never throw the uniform on the ground.
Code of Conduct
- No eating or drinking in uniform (except water).
- No chewing gum while in uniform.
- No jewelry (except small stud earrings) may be worn while in uniform.
- The uniform must be complete at all times unless otherwise instructed. Change in and out of uniform ONLY in designated areas. (Home, Band Room, Bus)
- No profanity or obscene gestures in uniform.
Posted in: Band FAQ