After chair auditions are complete, each student will have an oportunity to challenge the person sitting just above them in their section. Any student wishing to challage another student should downoad THIS FORM and present it to the director. The following rules will apply to all challenges:
- Challenger may only challenge the person sitting directly above their current chair in their band.
- If a challenger loses a challenge then they are not allowed to challenge that person again. If a person loses a challenge then they are allwed one challenge to take back their chair. (Any student is only allowed to lose a chair audition to another student twice.)
- Chair challenges will include all the same elements as the original chair audition. (Scales, Prepared, and Sight Reading)
- Challenges will be accepted on a first come first serve basis; however, exceptions may be made under certain circumstances.
- The challenger must perform first.
- Challenges between Bands will not be allowed past a certain time in the fall semester.
- A copy of the audition music will be given to each student at the same time and will be approved/selected by the director.
Posted in: Band FAQ