This article contains information and materials regarding concert percussion auditions for the ’20-’21 school year.
- Concert Percussion Auditions will be November 12 & 13 during 4th block.
- There are three concert ensembles: Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, and Concert Band.
- This audition will determine which band students will participate in, as well as the chair order within each band.
- FAQ: Can a 9th grade percussion student be in wind ensemble? Yes Can a 10-12 grade percussion student be in concert band? Yes
- If a student does not demonstrate proficient skills, and/or performs an incomplete audition (does not attempt parts or all of the audition, etc.) that student will not receive a position in a concert ensemble.
- Audition times will be selected at random.
- The audition consists of one musical excerpt to be performed on snare drum, 7 (2 octave) major scales (C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db, Gb) performed on a mallet instrument, and a brief sight reading etude on snare drum.
- Scales are to be performed two octaves, at 100 bpm and should follow the format and order as given on the scale sheet.
- Each audition must be performed with the appropriate sticks/mallets for each instrument.
Total Page Visits: 1868 - Today Page Visits: 1