This article contains information and materials regarding concert percussion auditions for the ’18-’19 school year.
- Concert Percussion Auditions will be November 15-16 during 4th block.
- There are three concert ensembles: Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, and Concert Band.
- **There is no longer a 9th grade only band**
- This audition will determine which band students will participate in, as well as the chair order within each band.
- FAQ: Can a 9th grade percussion student be in wind ensemble? Yes Can a 10-12 grade percussion student be in concert band? Yes
- Audition times will be selected at random.
- The audition consists of one musical excerpt to be performed on mallets and snare drum.
- Each audition must be performed with the appropriate sticks/mallets for each instrument.
- There will be a brief sight reading piece to be performed on snare drum.
*Please note that only excerpts are to be performed from the etudes, so be sure to observe start and stop markings.