This article contains information and materials regarding concert percussion auditions for the 17-18 school year.
- Concert Percussion Auditions will be November 8-9 during 4th block.
- There are three concert ensembles: Wind Ensemble, Concert Band, and 9th Grade Band.
- Auditions will determine chair order and ensemble placement for 10-12 grade students, and chair order only for 9th grade students.
- Audition times will be selected at random.
- The audition consists of one musical excerpt to be performed on timpani, mallets, and snare drum.
- Each audition must be performed with the appropriate sticks/mallets for each instrument.
- There will be no sight reading.
*Please note that only excerpts are to be performed from the etudes, so be sure to observe start and stop markings.