Football Program Ads
Every year, the football team creates a program and allows band students to purchase ads in the program. Additionally, senior band members receive a free 1/4 page ad – or have the option of upgrading to a larger size.
Please see the flyer at this location
for information about submitting your information (photo and text) and any applicable fee.
Note that the deadline for the ad submission is THIS Thursday, September 26th!
Don’t miss your chance to include your ad in the program!
Remember that Penny Wars ends this Friday, 09/27.
These are your last days to add pennies and bills to raise your sections’ points. And add silver to sabotage the other sections.
Away Game against Buckhorn HS (09/27)
The Sign Up Genius for this week’s game at Buckhorn is now available. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4caeac2cabfa7-sept22
A few things to note –
- Volunteer times on the Sign Up Genius are estimates. As the week progresses, schedules and call times will be announced and we must adjust.
- For Pit Crew, there are two teams of volunteers:
- The first team will meet at Sparkman and assist with loading the truck and trailers. Then drive to Buckhorn, unload the truck / trailers, push equipment for percussion, reload the truck / trailers and return to Sparkman to assist unloading the truck/trailers.
- The second team will meet at Buckhorn to assist with unloading the truck / trailers, pushing equipment and reloading the truck / trailers.
- If you volunteer for pit crew, please select the Sparkman crew or the Buckhorn crew – understanding that they overlap.
- For parents not attending the Buckhorn game, students are given estimated times of arrival back to Sparkman so that they can let you know when they will need to be picked up.
- Our students get very hot during the games. Everyone should now know to bring their (full) water bottles with them. Additionally, we are asking for donations of cases of 12 oz. Gatorade bottles and salty snacks. (The larger bottles do not fit in our coolers.) These are handed out to students on the bus after the game as they ride back to Sparkman.
- Jennifer Missildine will be at S9 on Thursday, Sept 26 until 5:45 to collect these donations. Please consider bringing snacks and/or drinks for the students to the S9 patio on Thursday.
- Guidelines have been published for Chaperones and Pit crew and can be found on the Sign Up Genius pages. The Booster Board believes written standards will provide consistent expectations and allow everyone (directors, parents, students) to align our goals. These guidelines may evolve throughout the season.
- If you are volunteering, please review the guidelines. You must confirm your agreement and adherence to these policies prior to beginning your volunteer session. If you have any concerns or questions, please contact a Booster Board or Committee member. http://sparkmanband.com/band-boosters/
Band Day – Oct 4
Our home game on October 4 against Austin will also be Band Day.
We will host the Monrovia Middle School and Sparkman Middle School 8th grade band members as they get a taste of high school band!
The Sign Up Genius is open (the Trombone section take their turn at concessions!) at
We will also be feeding dinner to all the middle school and our Sparkman band students – so more volunteers will be needed. Watch for more information coming soon!
BOA Atlanta Information
Fees Due by Monday, 09/23
All Competition and Alternate students will travel with the band to the Atlanta area for the BOA Regional competition on October 25-26.
The fee for all students is $50. This will cover the charter buses, hotel for Friday, October 25 and breakfast on Saturday morning.
The treasurers will be available to collect cash or check (made out to Sparkman Band) payments on Monday, September 23 after school at 3:30 in the HS Band Room.
You also have the option of paying online with My School Fees.
- Go to myschoolfees.com
- Sign in or continue as Guest
- Select ‘AL – MADISON COUNTY SCHOOLS – SPARKMAN HIGH’
- Close the Dialog box
- Under ‘Select Category’, choose ‘BAND BOOSTERS’
- Then under ‘ITEMS’, find ‘BOA ATLANTA’
- Enter 50.00 and click ‘Add to Cart’
- Then click the green ‘Checkout’ button
- For ‘Person’s name:’, enter the name of your student
- And continue the checkout process
Payments for Students and Chaperones / Pit Crew are due on Monday, Sept 23. MySchoolFees will no longer be available after this date.
More information about the BOA Atlanta Competition:
Details about the competition
Advanced Ticket Sales
The students will be staying in this hotel:
Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center
500 Powder Springs St
Marietta, Georgia 30064
The format of this competition has two performances (Prelims and Finals).
- All groups perform at Prelims. (There are currently 21 schools registered.)
- The top 10 groups will advance to Finals and perform/compete again in the evening.
If we do not make finals, we will leave Georgia as soon as Prelims announcements are made.