The Sparkman Band hosted the 2019 District 1 All-State Auditions that was an overwhelming success. The directors would like to thank the booster organizer, Charity Wright, with all the parents and student workers that made this event run smooth. We are proud of the professionalism, pride and hard work this organization puts forth to provide a well run event for our ABA District.
We would like to congratulate all students that auditioned for the event. Even if a student did not earn a position in the All-State or District Honor Band they improved as a musician and gained more experience in their individual pursuits. The directors applaud these efforts as they know this type of pursuit reflects a superior work ethic and determination that makes this band great.
2019 All-State Band Members
Congratulations to the following students for earning a position in the 2019 Alabama All-State Band Festival:
- #2 Red Band Clarinet – Jamie Douglas
- #1 Bass Clarinet – Jay Zayas
- Alternate Alto Saxophone – Jordan Waldrop
- #2 Tenor Saxophone – Andrew Gould
- #2 Red Band Trumpet – Samuel Wilson
- #1 White Band Trumpet – Daniel Elliott
- #2 White Band Trumpet – Dereck Tillman
- Alternate French Horn – Jada Kelley
- #1 Red Band Trombone – Isaiah Vasquez
- #1 White Band Trombone – Tannen Trees
- #2 White Band Trombone – Joseph McBee
- #1 Red Band Tuba – Colby Batchelor
- #1 Blue Band Tuba – Ben Spurlock
CLICK HERE for a full list of All-State Band Results.
2019 District Honor Band Members
Hannah Harmon, Kalea Connolly, Marissa Miller, Jamie Douglas, Trinity Cummings, Sara Korb, Jay Zayas, Jordan Waldrop, Andrew Gould, Samuel Wilson, Daniel Elliot, Derek Tillman, Will Collins, Samantha Griner, Joseph Lee, Jada Kelly, Isaiah Vasquez, Tannen Trees, Josiah McBee, Colby Bachelor, and Ben Spurlock.
2019 All-State Solo Festival
The 2019 All-State Band Festival will take place on April 25-27 at the Huntsville VBC. Any All-State student that would like to participate in the All-State Solo Festival should COMPLETE THIS FORM before March 1 and contact Mr. Raney. The Solo Festival will take place on April 24 at UAH and students must perform a selection from THIS LIST or request another selection to be added to the list. See Mr. Raney for more details.